Friday, June 19, 2009

Mouse On Mars - Niun Niggung



Niun Niggung is one of the most influential albums from my early electronic listening history. I bought it on a total whim from Amazon while viewing what other user's bought from the page for Music Has The Right To Children (Boards of Canada) and like that BoC album, it majorly shaped my tastes and electronic creativity. It's bubbly and bouncy, boarding on a ska feel at points while at the same time being incredibly accessible for it's genre of music. Whether you call it glitch, IDM, post-techo, etc... it's amazing. Melodies weave in out of the beats, samples and other electronics seamlessly. Is that bubbles popping or a synthesizer? The opening three songs are some of my favorites moments on any album I've ever heard. If this isn't your cup of tea, at least make sure you listen to the first three songs, "Pinwheel Herman", "Albion Rose", and "Booosc". This music was a major player in the soundtrack to my high school years, and it still resonates just as deeply with me today.

http://www.mediafire.com/?k0xqn2h2din

No comments:

Post a Comment