Monday, May 18, 2009

The Horseflies - Human Fly


Hey kids!
Bmack here, and this is my first album for the week.  As I already mentioned in the thread, this one's an album I found after my parents saw these guys at a bluegrass festival.  They mix traditional bluegrass with postpunk, early electronic music and other alternative genres, and the album is one helluva blast.  For some reason they never get any lip service, despite the fact that they've put out at least two amazing records (the two I've heard were both great) and have been playing at least semi-consistently since the late 70s.  If you don't have time to check out every single song, I'd say make sure to at very least listen to the opening track, which is their cover of Human Fly by the Cramps, and I Live Where it's Grey, a 7 1/2 minute ambient electro track with some cool modified ukelele and violin sounds .  There are some standard bluegrass cuts on here as well, so keep that in mind if you hate twang (and stop being so closeminded!  Twang rules.)

No comments:

Post a Comment